Well, here it is, the start of the Zimmermann School of Drawing. Not an official school of course, but based on my years drawing and teaching life drawing to animation students first at Sheridan in Oakville Ontario from 1986 to 2001 and most recently at Seneca@York, starting mid September I will be giving two figure drawing courses in my studio in Guelph.
Anatomy for Artists
Of interest to professionals, serious amateurs, comic book artist and illustrators.
A course in making a figure come to life through anatomy
This course will build weekly on an overview of the skeletal and muscular anatomy of the human figure. By examining the structure of the frame, moving from basic forms through an examination of the skeleton and finally to the muscles that move the the figure, students will gain valuable insight and knowledge of the anatomy of the human figure
Using a live model each week, we will do studies of the figure with conte and pencil.
Each student will receive a skeleton model on which studies using plasticine will be made as each muscle group is studied.
Both the valuable insights and practical understanding gained will aid in drawing human figures with movement, fluidity and confidence
10 weeks starting Sept 10 7 - 10 pm
enrollment limited to 10
- September 10: Intro to the figure - the skeleton: complexity into simplicity / bones into boxes.
- September 17: the skull, rib cage and pelvis:
- September 24: muscles of the waist and neck: bending, twisting and turning
- October 1: the scapula and the shoulders
- October 8: muscles of the shoulders and upper arms
- October 22: muscles off the pelvis onto the upper leg
- October 29: Lower leg and foot
- November 5: Lower arm and hand
- November 12: head and face - muscles of expression
- November 19: Review and summation.
Figure Drawing: from Gesture to Expression
10 weeks starting September 17 3hrs 2 - 5pm.
Limit: 10 students
Based on figure drawing for animation, students will be guided in the importance of the gesture in creating life drawings full of expression and dynamics. Anatomy, structure, form and balance will be examined.
To register or for more information email me at: email@example.com