Sunday, March 9, 2008

after the snow




After the wild blast of snow yesterday and the night before, today was one of those magical days.I didn't want it to end.

Everything outside was beautiful.The evergreens hung heavy with the powder that traced the patterns of the individual boughs. We shoveled for hours to get the driveway cleared but it didn't matter. The sky was an opalescent cerulean blue and the shadows a luminescent violet.

This evening we took a long walk along the river. I have tried to capture the feel of days like this in the past while practicing digital painting (or more like it, struggling to learn). I didn't paint today, so I'm posting them. One is of Tom's house across from my place in Lion's Head. The other done after I returned from a similar walk along the Speed River last winter.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Great light Werner and a sensible touch!
I know the days speak of and I miss them.

Riè said...

Hello Werner. The paintings are really beautiful. They both have a very impressionistic feel. I love the use of purplish pinks and blues in the second one. I love the figure drawings below, especially the ones on tone paper. I'm really happy to see you posting work online.