Friday, March 6, 2009

Skeleton Gestures


Haven't been able to do any life drawing lately, and when I came across this study it just made me want to get back at it even more.

I should add that although this hardly seems like 'life drawing' I find doing these kind of quick studies keeps me tuned in to the inner structure. When I pull the skin over the underlying bone structure, the skeleton effect on the surface form is a kind of punctuation that holds and moves the eye over, around and about the figure itself, holding it here and moving it there so that a sense of timing in the movement of the eye and the message to the mind is created.

2 comments:

Poetry Man said...

nice skeleton gestures werner!

Anonymous said...

I Think you work is beautifuuly drawn...i'm just starting to put my Children's illustions together:)

www.sarahmadsen.com